Support our aims by becoming a member of the Washburn Heritage Centre and:
- Take part in our many varied activities
- Help to shape the programme content
- Create and/or join special interest groups
- Encourage friends and neighbours to come along and enjoy the Centre.
Membership is open to everyone. Please join us whether you are a resident or former resident of the Washburn valley, a visitor, or simply wish to show your support for the Washburn Heritage Centre.
Member benefits include:
- 20% Discount on all event prices
- Exclusive exhibition previews with refreshments
- Advanced notification of the programme and booking priority
Join up for only £10 a year per person!
To become a member, please print off and fill in all three columns of the membership form (link to form below). Include your email address if possible as that is our preferred method of communicating with members and saves us money.
- Signing the Gift Aid declaration to allow us to reclaim 25p for every £1 of your subscription if you are a UK taxpayer
- Paying by Standing Order which helps us and you to minimise the paperwork in future years. Please sign the SO instruction (which we forward to your bank)
The completed form together with £10 (per person) or with your standing order instruction should be sent to:
The Heritage Centre Co-ordinator, Washburn Heritage Centre, Fewston, HG3 1SU.
Members with skills, interests, time and enthusiasm or any combination of these are always appreciated as leaders of events and programmes, in supporting roles, or to give their ideas and advice. Please do volunteer, there are plenty of other areas in which you might be able to strengthen our team.
Many members choose to become Heritage Wardens or to help in the Washburn Heritage Centre tearoom which is open at weekends and managed in-house by volunteers.
Who do I contact?
Our Heritage Centre Co-ordinator, Harriet Kendal-Greene, can be contacted at the Heritage Centre by telephone, e-mail or our contact form, and she will take your booking for events or direct your enquiry to the relevant person.